NathanVR
Newly Registered

Starting with hydroponics

Hey everyone!

I'd like to start dipping my toes into hydroponics with the goal of eventually farming commercially.
What do I need to get started? How do I build a small but scaleable indoor system?
Any advice for a complete beginner would be much appreciated. (I apologize if this question has already been asked, and in the case that it has a link to the question would also be highly appreciated)

N.v.R

Serpent
Newly Registered

I see it's been a month. Have you given up?
We started last year, with a very amateurish system that turned out far better than we expected. Had great quantities of kale, chard and bok choy all winter. This year, we're trying more challenging plants.
There are many videos on You Tube, instructing you how to set up anything from a closet full old coffee cans to a commercial operation with automated everything. We found several of the first kind very useful - particularly one from the University of Florida.
Be happy to tell you more if interested.

catalist30
Newly Registered

I've done hydroponics for 6 years, this year is the first year I'm taking my indoor vegetable garden really seriously. I built an indoor dutch bucket system that could be set up for yourself without spending a ton. The general hydroponics nutrients flora series is what has been working well for me but I've had great success with the maxi grow and bloom as well. If you're interested in watching my setup grow, about a month in, I'll try and share what I'm doing. This might help you get started, https://youtu.be/iQ6KHx48XTE

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”