Jaysen78
Newly Registered

When should I move my plants to a hydro system? Farm Kit ?

Hello fellow growers,

I'm fairly new at this but I have grown some basil and lettuces in the past in a couple different DWC systems. This is my first time trying to grow Roma tomatoes and Marconi peppers both from seed.

I currently have plants starting to come up. I've germinated the seeds in rockwool cubes under a dome on top of a heated mat. The plants have just started coming up in the last couple days but I'm not sure when if I should move them to their final hydro garden.
Marconi Peppers
Marconi Peppers
Roma Tomatoes
Roma Tomatoes
My plan is to have 1 or 2 tomato and pepper plants both growing in 5 Gallon buckets equipped with a General Hydroponics Farm Kit. I am going to be growing them in a grow tent under low watt LED lights at first.
Farm Kit along with Large Cube
Farm Kit along with Large Cube
The first question I have is when should I move my plants over to the 5 Gallon Farm Kit system? Should I remove the dome and heated mat for awhile to let them adjust to the different conditions?

Also a side question about the Farm Kit. I was planning on just putting the plant in the small rockwool cube right in a larger net pot and surrounding it with clay balls and not putting the small rockwool cube in the bigger rockwool cube(shown) and then putting that in the net pot. If I plan on running the Farm Kit 24/7, which I do because its hooked to an air pump which is also running air stones, wouldn't that soak the larger rockwool to an extreme? The large square rockwool cube fits the net pot perfectly but I'm worried the plants would be over watered, if that's even possible.

Any idea?

Thanks for any help ! Please let me know if there is any additional information that would be helpful to know.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”