JoysHydroponics
Newly Registered

Cucumber Plant Leaves Wilting

I’m hoping someone may have an idea as to what is wrong with my cucumber plants. I have not had any issues until this morning where the leaves of just my cucumber plants have started wilting. All other varieties of plants have shown no sign of trouble. The only thing I changed was the light time to stay on 2 more hours (and 8 hours rest). I just changed out the reservoir in hopes that it may help. Any advice would be appreciated!
Attachments
2F032A84-30C7-495B-9DC7-AC78143AF3B3.jpeg

PingoBags

How do the roots look? Might be lack of oxygen. I know nft shouldn't need an air stone but from personal experience, cucumber plants in ntf tend to slow the water to a scrawl.
I had about the same size res, all I did was add a full bottle (473ml) of hydrogen peroxide.
Mine weren't as far gone but it did the trick to get things going again.

imafan26
Mod

The tubes are kind of small for a plant with a large root system. It may be that the roots are not only slowing the water but damming it as well.
I have seen cucumbers in dutch buckets but NFT systems usually had a wider reservoir to give the roots a place to go. If the roots in the channel are brown, the plants are not happy.

JoysHydroponics
Newly Registered

Hi PingoBags. The roots looked very healthy. I have an air stone in my reservoir, I figured it couldn’t hurt to start with. Weird part is I had another cucumber plant about 1/3 the size that was affected as well. Changed the reservoir right away but didn’t help. I pulled the plants out but everything else looked ok, no sign of disease anywhere either.

Thanks imafan26. I had the cucs at the end of the system. I was advised elsewhere as well they may have been water logged. Good thing about the set up is the start of the system has more room for roots. They looked very healthy otherwise. One day thriving the next day droopy.

Ah well, learning curves, just disappointing. Will re-plant and see if they prefer a different location!

Thanks all!

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”