Domchu
Newly Registered

Help growing in containter van using hydroponics

Hi guys! I'm quite new to growing indoors but ive a little experience growing indoors via tents. I'm planning to do a small project using a container van and growing plants that I wouldnt be able to grow in a tropical country such as the philippines. 

I was hoping to get some help and advice on what not and what to do.. which kind of crops would do well in a small enclosed space that would have temp/humidity/lightings controlled in hydroponics settint for bigger yields as to I was hoping to make it into a business later on here in the philippines.

Really hoping to get some positive feedback from this community!

-dom

productivegardener
Newly Registered

Hello Domchu,

Hydroponics is usually most successful with quick-growing leafy crops. I suggest various greens such as lettuce or microgreens. Greens have high volume and quick turnover compared to larger, slower-growing plants such as tomatoes and peppers. Here in the U.S. you can make decent money on greens if you find the right market. That leads to my second tip. Carefully research your market and find out what people are willing to buy and pay good money for. Hydroponic produce may not be able to compete with large-scale soil farming on price, but it has the advantages of being clean, pest-free produce. It can also be done in an urban environment.

Good luck!
-Jason

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”