karobinson
Newly Registered

PVC Hydroponic System

Question... So I have always wanted to make up one of those diy pvc systems but getting my hands on the pipes are not that easy. So I did the next best thing and bought a kit. All in all ok, but the pipes are only 2 inches and the baskets 1 with a couple rows of pipes and three levels of rows... The system runs constantly and I did add air to to as well as the pumped water.

My huge question is if I take out a couple of the 2" pipes and replaced them with 3 or 4 inch pipes is this going to cause a problem with flow that anyone can see? Do I have to change them all or nothing? I realize I have to adjust connections to change the size but that is easy enough....my big concern is water flow.
I am growing just veggies atm.

Thank you all, and my prayers are with anyone caught up in our current hurricane troubles down in Texas.

JoysHydroponics
Newly Registered

The PVC pipes you can get at any local hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). I bought 4" PVC pipes so I could use bigger cups. If you're interested in my set up it's on my hobby website: https://joycejake.wixsite.com/joyshydroponics

As for the water flow, if you're running in constantly it shouldn't be too much of an issue depending on angle of your pipes. Hard to say without seeing the system.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”