oregonguy
Newly Registered

DIY nutrient formula?

Hey first post here. Just getting into hyrdoponics. After watching some youtube videos I thought the 5 gallon bucket deep water method for tomatoes would be a good place to start.

I bought the materials, the seeds have been started... but I'm missing the most important ingredient... the nutrient solution :shock:

I currently don't live in Oregon atm, I live in a city that doesn't have hydroponic nutrients and shipping them to here (third world country) would be a nightmare (the last piece of single piece mail sent from the states to here took 3 months!)

I read online that simply dissolving fertilizer meant for soil based plants into a water solution is a no go. So my options are make my nutrient solution (if that's feasible) or abandon hydroponics before I even start.

Is there any formula / easy solution that I can make from home by possibly finding the base chemicals here? Thanks again

RadRob

Can you get any kind of water soluble tomato food like MG or Peters. Can you get calcium nitrate & epsom salt there?

hybridhydro
Newly Registered

You might want to consider building a Compost tea brewer, using another 5gal bucket and a few air stones. You can cold brew your own food for your maters. (It's easier than it might seem.)

HH

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”