chopficaro

Overpaid for Microbes. Which Microbes to Use?

I just found out I'm over paying for nutrients. I've switched from NPK Industries Raw to Maxigro + Maxibloom. NPK Industries Raw still makes my microbes and I'm having trouble finding them for cheaper. Can anyone help? Also, what is the difference between grow microbes and bloom microbes?

imafan26
Mod

There are millions of microbes both good and bad in common garden soil. Potting soil is sterile so is peat moss for the most part to start with. You should be able to grow your own microbes without paying a premium for it. All you need is a healthy soil with a good amount of organic matter in it and a shovel full of healthy garden soil to seed it and good drainage. Mother nature should be able to provide the rest over time (three years for max yield).

I have never heard of grow microbes and bloom microbes. That is news. I maxigrow and maxibloom is just expensive synthetic fertilizer.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

but imafan, note that this is a hydroponic/ aeroponic system.

You can't just throw soil in it....

imafan26
Mod

I know. I looked up the packaging. It is hydroponic fertilizer and the ingredients look to be synthetic chemicals. There are microbes in the water even in hydro systems but I still never heard of grow or bloom microbes.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”