A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Homemade Hydroponics System Designs

Post all new designs for a homemade hydroponics system here!
Put the text [ADV] before a system design that would cost a lot of money or take a long time to make, [MODR] before a system design that would take moderate amounts of money and time, and [BEG] before a design that would take very little to no money and less than 2 hours to make.
Last edited by A Happy Seedling on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Here's my first one. In addition to reading the text, you can use the format as an example of how to post these designs:

[BEG]
(post picture here if you have one)
This is a very easy hydroponics system that does not use any pumps, nutrient solution, grow medium, or grow lights.
Get a shallow storage box. Spread gravel on the bottom of the box. Pour sand over the gravel, I'll explain how much later. Get a Styrofoam piece and cut a small hole in the middle. Fill the box with water. Put the plant through the hole in the Styrofoam so that the leaves stick up and the roots stick down, and the roots are in the water. Pour the sand so that ONLY HALF of the plant's roots are covered by it. If you want, mix a little fertilizer into the sand before you pour it, but I didn't.

adelegypt
Cool Member

adelegypt wrote:Hello members
I`m Egyptian and interesting in gardening , because hydroponic systems are not available here in Egypt I designed and did a hydroponic system in which I used 20 L (car oil bottle) as a container for the nutrient solution and 2 L (soda water) as a container for the plants , I made 2 groups of the 20L bottles (1) the lower group , (2) the upper group, the bottles of each group are connected to each other by PVC tubes.
The lower group are connected to the upper group by a pump (with valve) which pumps the fluid and air to the upper group (3+4) it needs 13 min. to fill 32 (20L) bottles of the upper group the fluid returns back again by gravitation to the lower group through a tap in this part (5) the fluid is mixed with air , fertilizers and new water and this journey need 167 min. I e the pump works under timer for only 13 min. every 3 hrs .
Please I need your comment.
Thanks to all

Upper group in the right, left :lower group

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

I like it! Seems too complicated for me but others will be able to build it. I don't have access to the 20-liter bottles here.

adelegypt
Cool Member

A Happy Seedling wrote:I like it! Seems too complicated for me but others will be able to build it. I don't have access to the 20-liter bottles here.
20-liter bottles are waste product of motor car oil it is a standard of Mobil oil company
adelegypt wrote:
I made an extension to my set up "it is 4 meters away from the original one" to grow lettuce and watercress, I used pump of washing machine to drain the new extension.

=========
adelegypt wrote: Image

==========
adelegypt wrote:A photo of washing machine pump"9 watt" that is used to drain the extension

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Ok, will try

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”