YoYoDro
Newly Registered

Automated Hydro Kit for $1,000?

My friend posted a link to an automated hydroponic garden for $1,000. Its an automated AeroFlo 18 system from General Hydroponics. It looks really interesting, does anyone know of other systems like this one so I can compare? It uses temperature, pH, and EC probes to manage the reservoir. THANKS!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know anything about hydroponics, but wow, a grand seems like serious cash to lay down for something that lots of people put together homemade. We have a variety of threads on home made hydro systems around.

General Hydro has a aero flow and other systems in a variety of sizes and types. The website I found did not give any info on prices: (probably because it would have scared people off!)

The aeroflo systems do not seem to include lighting, so you would still have to lay out more cash for that. Do you know about aerogardens? It is a self contained automated hydro system with built in lighting:

https://www.aerogarden.com/

I have the tiny model which I have had for several years now. I use it only in winter to grow indoor herbs. I like it real well. It is super easy - throw in a nutrient pack every once in awhile when the indicator light comes on and keep adding fresh water. The light is on a timer, on 17 hours a day automatically. The water reservoir has an oxygenator. They say the bigger units will grow full sized tomato plants and still cost a third of what you are talking about.

Incidentally, posting this led me to look at their website. They now have the larger versions with option of LED lighting instead of compact fluro. More light, better yields, less electricity and last longer. I'm tempted to upgrade! And they have a Labor Day sale on right now! :) (The LED option is pretty new, since whenever the last time I looked at their website was.)

YoYoDro
Newly Registered

Wow thanks for that massively informative response! It looks like the site I found is selling an automated aero flow with everything to get started. I would build a system myself but I have no free time anymore and I don't even have access to tools. I'm a geek so I like to automate everything if I can, haha! SCIENCE! ;-)

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”