tsunami
Newly Registered

What's wrong with my beans?!?

So I recently started up a hydroponic system in a greenhouse out back and have been all over the internet trying to match up pictures of my bean leaves to others to figure out what's wrong with them. This is my first post here on the site some I'm just going to post some pictures and let me know what type of information you need. I also just got back from a vacation and let someone come by to take care of the plants so I don't have great specifics. The first picture is from one bed and the other two pictures are from another.
First bed
First bed
Second Bed
Second Bed
And second bed
And second bed

applestar
Mod

You've already verified the nutrient levels, etc. and they're within nominal range?

tsunami
Newly Registered

I'm not really sure. The first picture is from a system I have just finished cycling in preparation to adding some tilapia into the mix. The other two pictures are from a hydroponics system that has been running since the July 1, but I don't think any cycling has been completed in that bed. When I test the ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates of the second bed I'm seeing 8+, 0, and 0. And pH of both the beds are within range. I don't have a ec/ppm meter. All I have been adding to the first bed is ammonia to keep the bacteria alive while I wait for fish. In the second bed I used Miracle-Gro water soluble all purpose plant food at about 2 tsp/gal. I also have added some iron chelate.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

I don't have much luck with climbing vines in my AP system. Beans, cucs, melons, squash and other big fruiting veggies are very heavy feeders. The plants just kind of fizzle out especially on a new system. One big tomato plant can steal all the nutrients from other plants and then turn leggy. This spring it was my broccoli stealing because it was biggest and first come first serve when it come to roots spreading out. Typically it can be a potassium or iron deficiency and/or ph lockout. I use maxicrop with iron to get the trace elements and bury banana peels for the worms to break down into useable nutrients and potassium in the media.

bghayad
Newly Registered

Dears;

I think you have experience about beans, can someone advise on how much the plant is giving fruits in the complete season? Does it gives for example 10 kg (each plant) in all its life (during the season)?

I am talking about the hydroponics and inside house with good condition.

Regards
Bilal

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”