gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Just ordered a new T5 HO light for the basement

Finally getting a new T5 HO grow light for the basement. We shall see if this is that much better than that myriad of lights I have now. ;D

I actually lucked out on this purchase. I have been searching and saving bookmarks of lights for years. There was one bookmark that I forgot about. It never made it to the"Gardening Lights" section of my "Gardening" bookmarks. It was in the general bookmarks. I noticed it before I got the "Gardening" bookmarks and clicked it.

Thank you for me seeing that. It was what I was looking for. A 4 ft. by 2 ft T5 - 8 bulb daisy-chainable fixture. Most places they are around $250 give or take for all brands. This one was $149.00 just what I wanted. So I snapped it up, kind of. I almost waited till the next day so I could deposit some checks first. Good thing I didn't wait. I ordered it at around 12:00 noon. I checked later and couldn't find it. I was looking for the price. It was gone the only light in that price range was a small 4 bulb fixture.

I get to cross referencing emails and such. Nope there it is, it just went UP $100 since that morning. Talk about good timing. ;D 8-). So Retail $299 I got it for $150 a few hours later it's $250.

Can't wait to see how it works. Sorry for the rant I'm just excited. :-/

https://www.lightingwise.com/item.asp?PI ... 16&level=1

applestar
Mod

Wow, those are going to put out -- I.e. SHINE -- some serious light! :D
Your dwarves & co. are going to be very happy but you may need some of these 8) or :cool:
:wink:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Yes this should keep my neigbors up at night. :lol:

I believe it is bankable so you can shut down part of it. If not I may only run 6 lights. We shall see.

Halfway
Green Thumb

Excellent deal. These are no doubt the most efficient flouros and the deal made it even better.

Anxious to see your results gixx!!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Here is the light notice the rocker switches that shut off the banks. You can also unplug one bank totally. So there is nice expansion benefits with this light.

Here is the lighting side, yes one light is missing it was broke in transport, I already sent a email and should be getting a replacement.

Here it is in action, hard to tell from pics I am sure but it is much brighter than anything else I have.

Would I get another?

Yes

Halfway
Green Thumb

Excellent gixx!

How long do you plan on keeping the toms under them...the duration?

My concern with tall plants is the lumen decay even under T5's. Side lighting is an option I guess.

Please keep us posted. This is a great thread. 8)

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”