TCHarris32

I had great luck with the botanicare line. For simplicity sake, look for one of their one part nutrients. I believe I used the power plant got the vegetative state and switched to pro bloom for flowering. If you are using ro water you may want to pick up some cal-mag as well. If you have a local hydro shop, go in and ask questions and build a relationship with them.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

if I was doing plants in a sand or gravel mix I would get a seaweed solution and use that to start with very delute!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

My impression (never having tried it) is that hydroponics is very technical. They use specially designed nutrients that can be added and flushed out that are measured in PPM (parts per million). They monitor the nutrient levels all the time to see how much the plants are taking up.

fintuckyfarms

As a newbe, I went with a very simple 2 part system. I used the General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow. By two part I mean a grow or vegative stage and a bloom/fruit stage. They both have all the cleated micro nutrients and are PH balanced. When the plants are babies I only used about 1/4 strength of the grow. As they grew, I increased the solution strength. As soon as they start to flower/fruit I switch to the 2nd stage. I had great results with it. I grew everything from lettuce and spinach to tomatoes, zuchinni, cantalope and pumpkins. Of course you have to seperate your plants into "like nutirent requirement" systems as it would be complete over kill to feed your lettuce the nutrients the tomatoes require. The lettuce will stay on the grow stage and never need the fruit/bloom stage. If you are on a tight budget look for a source that has a dry nutrient vs a bottle of liquid as it is way less $$$ to ship it if you don't have a local store.

hgs
Newly Registered

GH great place to start! :shock:

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”