TCHarris32

Flushing tomatoes in DWC system

I originally posted this in the tomatoes section but had zero luck, so here I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 Black Zebra Tomato plants, 1 black Cherry Tomato plant, and 2 Sungold Cherry Tomato plants. They are all in DWC buckets. My question is: How do you go about flushing them? I understand how it works with a plant that you harvest one time and then chop it down, but how does it work when you are dealing with a plant that continually produces fruit? And when do I start the flush?

I am using Botanicare nutes. Do I just flush using something like sweet or clearex for 2-3 days and then harvest and then return to regularly scheduled nute-ing until the next round is ready?

Thanks
Tommy

hydroguy

There's a big difference between the "how to" and the "why to" part of flushing hydroponic plants. Unless you plan on smoking your maters then I wouldn't give it a second thought.

That being said there is no harm in giving the root system a good cleaning especially heavily nuted plants like maters. Round of clearex or H2O2 or just a couple days in plain ole tap water can't hurt.

Best of luck on your grow.

hydroguy

TCHarris32

Good deal. No flush it is. The black zebras are in desperate containers so I may try two different ways and see if theres any differences. Thanks hydroguy.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”