hydrolifeCA
Cool Member

Hydroponic Lettuce - After Germination?

Hello all,

I am sure you have seen my topics, many have been incredibly helpful (IE Erik) and it has allowed me to get the germination aspect down.

So, it's been 4 days and my lettuce now has 2 leaves, my lighting is fixed and it's looking not shabby. I am starting it in my Grodan cubes (Rockwool).

I just moisten to to prevent drying out. I am slowly adding 1/4 strength liquid nutrients when I moisten them so they get adjusted, I am barely wetting them. All looks good.

So now is my question... what happens and when?

They are 4 days old, healthy and in rockwool (Grodan) cubes... I am slowly proping open the humidity dome to adjust them.

When do I put them into my hydroponic system? Should I be adding 1/4 strength nutrients at this point or just water?

Halfway
Green Thumb

I have been putting them in the system around 10-15 days. 1/2 strength nutrients up until about 30-40 days. They are not very demanding.

hydroguy

Lettuce is some pretty hardy stuff, I start mine in the system so there's no transplanting. Sorry can't help ya there. I've used domes on most but last batch I didn't, even the ones with domes they were removed when the first true leaves show.

Wrapping up a grow this Friday, start to finish is about 60 days for leaf lettuce's in the systems I run. First harvest is at 20 days from planting so what ever your gonna do, do it soon as leaf lettuce doesn't play around when it comes to growing.

hydroguy

hydrolifeCA
Cool Member

Thank you both.

Hydroguy my system is a top drip. My lettuce will be going in soon.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”