csvd87

Ok so the lettuce is enjoying the new nutes, and the eggplants loves whatever I did, same with the tabasco. Peter pepper is slowly dying and the piri piri had aphids. Fidalga tried to flower, I would have none of that, plant must be stressed . That's all for now, hard to do detailed updates from my phone. :)

csvd87

Think I might say goodbye to the peter, and move the mint over there, finally toss the oak leaf, as it doesn't look appetizing, gotta wait for the iceberg to finish its thing, looking great though, head is forming up as we speak. I just really need to get that eggplant into its own bucket, it is taking over the whole tub with just a few leaves (finally, some progress). I also need a fan on those peppers, the Onza is a little top heavy, I actually thought about cutting it off low down and letting it bush out. Hopefully I can find a place to put these in their own buckets and let them go and use the tubs for leaf crops, now that they feel like growing. It had to be the Iguana Juice they weren't liking, they are growing pretty quickly, and look quite healthy with the MaxiGro and some H2O2. The only thing that I can't get to grow healthy is the Himilayan Poppy, it refuses to grow without the leaves turning black and dying.

hydroguy

Glad to hear your having some success with your grow '87! Growing that many different plants in one system can be a bit tricky but it's sure fun to learn what works and even what doesn't. Topping those peppers young sure helped mine bush out, just try and get to it before they start flowering on ya. Good to know about the Oak Leaf lettuce, will be popping some seeds soon and I'll mark that one off the list of varieties to try.

Keep us updated when you get the chance.

csvd87

Its all about the learning :) About the Oak Leaf, it was gatting some tip burn, possibly due to the lack of Calcium and/or Magnesium, it started to turn around a bit with the different nutes, but it had some black growing on it from me reading a tip on forcing bolting, I read that you can slice across the middle of the centre with a razor blade, so I may have caused it to look how it looked, so maybe try one, you might have some success with it. I really like the look of the Skyphos Butterhead from Johnny's, but again it had tip burn, but I cut those leaves and it is growing very very nicely now, next is to taste it.. Ya I know, I still haven't tasted it because of the issues I had with diseases.. Oh well, its under control now, nice white roots.

I tossed the purple basil, it clearly was not liking it in the cold tub :(, only grew like 2 inches in a month :( oh.. and because of root rot too.. nasty stuff that root rot.

csvd87

well My Red Iceberg was murdered by aphids, I pulled the plant and tried to drown all the aphids and eggs... and then tossed the plant, I sprayed the remaining aphids I could see and the surrounding plants. Its time to harvest the whole head of butter lettuce, then I can finally transplant everything. I already figured I would scrap my Peter Pepper, but instead attempted to transfer to soil, and moved my Unknown mustard to its place in the DWC, I will put the mint into where the Eggplant is, and then I can put my 5gal dwc bucket in place of the E+F tub and it can have it own space and stop crowding the peppers, its leaves are huge...

csvd87

[img]https://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr235/binchnunker/Wrecked%20Stuff/IMAG0295.jpg[/img]

Halfway
Green Thumb

csvd87 wrote:well My Red Iceberg was murdered by aphids, I pulled the plant and tried to drown all the aphids and eggs... and then tossed the plant, I sprayed the remaining aphids I could see and the surrounding plants. Its time to harvest the whole head of butter lettuce, then I can finally transplant everything. I already figured I would scrap my Peter Pepper, but instead attempted to transfer to soil, and moved my Unknown mustard to its place in the DWC, I will put the mint into where the Eggplant is, and then I can put my 5gal dwc bucket in place of the E+F tub and it can have it own space and stop crowding the peppers, its leaves are huge...
Are these outside? You didn't have aphids inside did you?

csvd87

Ya, aphids inside. Must have got inside in my pots I brought inside overwinter and they found their way to my tasty hydro plants

csvd87

was picking through my eggplant last night and noticed a ton of those tiny little white husk/egg things, WOW, HUGE aphid infestation on my eggplant, luckily it had not spread to my peppers yet, but I emptied the last of my insecticidal soap on that plant. The rest of the plant is fine, but it was the back of the plant near the wall, deep under the rest of the plant that had it the worst. I hate aphids so much. Oh well, I have one fruit so far, and 2 more on the way.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”