nickosnow
Newly Registered

aero garden. Alternative to the pill food?

Hello guys and gals I've got a question for ya. I have an old aero garden that was given to me as a gift. I was hoping to use it this winter for maybe some fresh herbs or tomatoes. The problem I'm faced with is having to buy the official aero-garden plant food. Those pills you drop into the water to feed the plant. I know that there are some other liquid forms of hydro plant food out there. But I was hoping someone out there could tell me there is a simple way to make your own. So does anyone avoid buying store bought plant food for their hydro systems by making their own?

I was thinking maybe a compost tea any ideas would be appreciated.

DesertHydro
Newly Registered

I have known several people who've used the AeroGarden like yourself. 9 out of 10 end up using another companies liquid or soluble nutrients with their hydro system.

Here are some nutrient brands to research. Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Grow Big, The entire Advanced Nutrients line, and Botanicare. A quick google search should land you a perfect answer!

I cannot specify ONE master nutrient company, as each grower's needs are different.

DesertHydro
Newly Registered

As far as the "teas" you're talking about. It is almost better to buy a premixed solution. There is a brand new Company, Alpaca Gold Organics, they make EXCELLENT organic teas that you simply mix 4oz per gallon. You can also use this in sprayers which is unheard of because most teas clog the sprayer nossle. Definitely look at Alpaca...

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”