firefun4everyone
Newly Registered

white powder deposit hard water grow juice

I have recently started my ebb and flow hydroponics garden and I'm having having a problum with a white powdery build up I've changed the water and scrubbed everything and that helped a little, before it was so bad it was floating in the water. I have hard water and I'm using green leaves grow juice as a fertilizer. whats the problum and how can I fix it? ps I'm using lemonjuice an a ph down pic:

[img]https://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss221/ipissonyou/055.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss221/ipissonyou/057.jpg[/img]

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I had that with my hardwater last year on seedlings, I found that if I top watered them, it washed down and out. But, if I soaked pots then they looked like that.

I think you have two choices.... rain water or distilled water.

The white deposits are calcium, or limestone if you will. If you add a ph regulator to it, you are increasing the chemicals, and the lime is still there, sure you can change it to acid... but it is still there.

You might try a reverse osmosis water cleaner that removes chemicals including lime from your water.

When I put my plants outside and only used rainwater, it all cleared up.

Can you set up a rainbarrel?

firefun4everyone
Newly Registered

Ozark Lady wrote:I had that with my hardwater last year on seedlings, I found that if I top watered them, it washed down and out. But, if I soaked pots then they looked like that.

I think you have two choices.... rain water or distilled water.

The white deposits are calcium, or limestone if you will. If you add a ph regulator to it, you are increasing the chemicals, and the lime is still there, sure you can change it to acid... but it is still there.

You might try a reverse osmosis water cleaner that removes chemicals including lime from your water.

When I put my plants outside and only used rainwater, it all cleared up.

Can you set up a rain barrel?
I wish I could I live in alaska and it wold only be a snow barrel thanks for the help but the problum is getting worse ant my water realy stinks I'm thinking its bacteria

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”