Wusswolf
Newly Registered

LiteStik plant light, Decent Temporary Light Source?

So I know next to NOTHING about plant lighting, aside from that it's mostly far too expensive for me. I do plan to try and set some sort of tube light system up over a table I'm in the midst of clearing off for my plants.

I was wondering though, there's this product I've seen online called LiteStik, I think it looks great and handy for plants that are out in my living room. You guys are the experts here, I was wondering what your thoughts are on this product before I buy any.
Product Description
The LiteStik automatically provides supplemental light to any blooming indoor plant. Using advanced Plant-Liteâ„¢ LED technology to the LiteStik provides the plant with the optimum light. In addition, the LiteStik's design incorporates a light sensor allowing it to automatically turn on the sunshine, as it were, when the light in the room dips below recommended levels. The LiteStik technology uses highly efficient LED lights allowing for optimal plant radiance while using very little energy. Using a different spectrum of light, the LiteStik for Blooming Plants increases the bloom power of indoor plants. The decorative design is unobtrusive and can provide a decorative element to your indoor plants. The LiteStik adjusts in height to adapt to the size of multiple sized plants or to the changing size of a growing plant. It can be placed to provide light from above for a small or medium plant or from below within a larger plant. LiteStik is also available for general houseplants.
[url=https://www.amazon.com/Fertile-Earth-LSB-1-LiteStik-Blooming/dp/B002NU5AD2/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=thehelpfulgar-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325]https://www.amazon.com/Fertile-Earth-LSB-1-LiteStik-Blooming/dp/B002NU5AD2/[/url]

What are your thoughts? Pros, cons?
Thanks!

~Nicole

resolutejc

Avoid LED. Yes, they are the best light sources for plants, but only the LED units that currently cost $2,000+ will provide your plants with the best benefits. The cheap, retail versions would be a waste of money and energy. Stick with high-output fluorescents or High Pressure Sodium / Metal Halide units.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”