ardentbalatron
Newly Registered

(Very) Small Indoor Container Water Garden ..help for a newb

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to find some guidance on my most recent foray into Water Gardening. Currently, all I have is an apothecary type glass jar. It's a perfect cylinder; 13" high and only 3.5" wide. Now, my intentions were to find 3 other similarly shaped jars of varying heights less than 13". I was hoping to take the 4 and cluster them in an arrangement with each containing some water plants (assuming 1 plant each). Plants can be different, or the same depending on what plants this can work with. The catch is not only is this small container gardening, these will also be kept indoors with the amount of sun varying, but tending towards shady.

And now I need your help. What plants might this be feasible? I am very open to the types of plants; emergents, submersibles, etc. I am assuming most floaters won't work well with such a narrow space. I've been considering Helvola and Joanne Pring lilies, however, I do believe lilies require a bit more sun (4-6hrs?). The plants don't need to be bloomers. I am very open to ideas and adore any knowledge that can be shared.

Thank you.
~AB

Return to “Water Gardening”