:cry:
Attachments
Now
Now
Then
Then

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

How long has it been in that pot? It could be pot bound. I transplanted a sad looking root bound ficus into a bigger pot and it is now flourishing. Try a bigger pot and some new potting soil. However, the plant will get bigger in a bigger pot. If you want the plant to stay small, you will need to carefully trim back the perimeter of the root ball, give it some fresh potting soil and put it back into the same pot.

imafan26
Mod

Did you move the plant? Ficus does not like changes in light. It will drop leaves. Do not over water and Birdlover is right, if it has been in the same pot for over a year it may be time to repot. Potted plants do need fertilizer too, just not too much. When you repot give it some nutracote or osmocote about a teaspoon should do it. I would not try to trim the roots when it is distressed, I would just put it in a bigger pot for about 6 months and get it healthy and then trim the roots and down pot. Does that pot have a drain hole? If it does, take the plant outside or into a tub and really soak the root ball to throughly water and flush the salts from the pot. The leaves should be hosed off of dust. It should be done regularly at least once a month.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”