Beccab89
Newly Registered

Zelkova help please!

I have had the tree for about six months now and to start with the leaves turned yellow and dropped off then we moved location and it was very healthy for a while then it seemed to dry out and develop almost a mould on top.
I water it every three or four days with rain water by pouring it on to the soil and letting it stand then repeating every ten minutes two or three times. I feed it every few weeks.

I've almost given up with it because no new life has appeared for a few weeks now. Please help!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

yup, looking pretty dead. You can check for life by scratching the bark on the trunk lightly with a fingernail. If it is green just under the surface, then the plant is not all dead. If not, then sorry, just needs a decent burial. Is the whitish area down near the base of the trunk, the "almost mould" you were talking about? I don't know what that is, but it looks bad, like the trunk was rotting or something. Did it suffer some kind of injury there?

Beccab89
Newly Registered

Still green! No injury that I know of but bought from garden centre so who knows.
What can I do to save it???

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”