alaphair
Newly Registered

Is my Juniper dead or is there anything I can do to save it?

I did some reading up on bonsais and I believe I have a common juniper. Its been inside for about 4 months, still has the rocks, and is watered about 1-2 times a week which apparently were not great ideas. It is in a southwestern facing window and I live in southern Georgia so the air is fairly humid. A while ago, the leaves began to yellow which I assumed was from under watering, so I decided to water it more frequently, but that hasn't helped at all and now a white mold is beginning to grow around the base and on the roots. It still has half of the leaves green but they are pretty sad and pale. I feel horrible for killing this tree because apparently it was around 15 years old and a $50 birthday present. Is there anything I can do to save it?
Attachments
IMG_9761.JPG
IMG_9762.JPG
IMG_9764.JPG

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

alaphair,
I feel horrible for killing this tree because apparently it was around 15 years old and a $50 birthday present. Is there anything I can do to save it?
Maybe, but it doesn't look good. Remove the rocks, glued on I suspect, learn how to water via the chopstick method. Get it outside in a semi-shaded location.

Realize that an indoor tree is a bit of an oxymoron. A few can cope, many will slowly fade away and others, such as Juniper simply do not do well at all.

alaphair
Newly Registered

Alright, thank you!

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”