Wildwop22
Newly Registered

Losing my umbrella ripped from its pot

HELP PLEASE I am sick! My homemaker knocked over my beautiful bonsai and it soil went flying far all over. It was ripped out of the anchored roots. I didn't have any bonsai soil so I had to put it in potting soil until I could get out and get some. The tops started looking real sluggish so I trimmed some of the leaves off then the ends started diying. I checked the bottom of the trunk and it was green so I did some more pruning down further where there are no leaves at all. I then prunned down to where I could find green. I am so sick because it took yrs and it could have been in shows. NO I don't have the same homemaker! What tips does anyone have to help me keep it from leaving me?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Wildwop22,

You can enclose the whole plant in a clear plastic bag in order to keep the humidity up while it is recovering. Make sure not to put it in direct sunlight while it is in the bag or it might overheat. Schefflera can be completely defoliated and will recover so I think your chances are good.

Wildwop22
Newly Registered

Thank you
I have now done that but do I cover the soil? Leave bottom open? Have been confused about that after watching some utube clips.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Wildwop22
do I cover the soil? Leave bottom open? Have been confused about that
I don't understand the question but considering your position, the plant will be fine in generic potting soil until it recovers, perhaps even until next year. This will, of course, require an adjustment in your watering practices.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”