Dawson101
Newly Registered

Sick Bonsai? Help !

Hey there first time poster! Looking for some expert thoughts and suggestions.

I have had my bonsai for 13 years (see pics) and to be honest it's been the easiest thing to take care of, water it once a week, I have had in direct sun, barely any sun each time I have moved homes it's had slightly different sunshine and it has never affected it. It's been so easy!.....

.....Up until 3 months ago that is. We recently moved and about 1.5 months after moving it just turn yellow and dropped over half its leaves. I thought maybe it's getting to much morning sun so I backed it off away from the window... They I noticed the brown spots on the leaves which you can see in the pics. I thought it might help to repot it and spray it with pesticide which I did and that was about 3-4 weeks ago and not much change has happened.

Anyone have an idea of what might be the issue? I am stumped at what to do.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

To start with is it a ficus? Where are you located? Where did you move from and to and what all changed in the move? (e.g. how does the amount of light it is getting now compare to what it was used to before the move, etc.)

Welcome to the Forum! If you follow through, there's a good chance someone here can help.

Dawson101
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:To start with is it a ficus? Where are you located? Where did you move from and to and what all changed in the move? (e.g. how does the amount of light it is getting now compare to what it was used to before the move, etc.)

Welcome to the Forum! If you follow through, there's a good chance someone here can help.
It is a "Fukien Tea kifu" located in St. Louis and before the most recent move it was facing south so got a lot of light. We just moved a couple miles away and now it is facing west so it gets lots of mornin sun. That being said over the years it has been faced every direction north, east and so on and always thrived which I guess I am stumped if it would be a light issue since it thrived in all light conditions so far. Unless it just got used to the southern face and is throwing a fit over the western sun?

Also not sure why the brown spots on the leaves are either? Is there another sign I am missing?

Wildwop22
Newly Registered

The spotting tells me you have an invader insect of some kind. Have you tried a spray of any kind?

A. Sears

Some plants go through a period of leaf drop when moved to new environment. It will recover !

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”