needleinthehay
Newly Registered

Chinese Pepper appears to be dying

Hi there,

I've had my Chinese Pepper for a year now, but it has all of a sudden dropped all of it leaves. Very disheartening. I read that I should not keep it in direct sunlight, so it was in the bathroom for past 2 months. This appears to be killing it. I have now moved it to a south-west facing window ledge.

Should I change the soil, feed, or just let it be where it is? Very worried, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Any help would be wonderful, as I do not want to let this beautiful tree down.

Kind regards,
Claire

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

it always helps to tell us where you are located. There are hardly any garden questions that can be discussed without regard to location/ climate.

Hard to say much about what you should do without seeing a picture/ knowing more about the soil it is in.

I can say in general you do NOT want to fertilize trees/ plants that are struggling -- it is just another stress on them. And if it has lost most of its leaves, you should cut down on the frequency of watering. A tree with few leaves does not transpire much, so does not use much water.

Chinese pepper needs bright indirect light.

Welcome to the Forum! :)

needleinthehay
Newly Registered

I live in Glasgow, Scotland. I shall post a pic tomorrow. Looks much the same today though, despite being in the window all day. From what I have read on site, it appears that the tree must have been potted in the wrong soil originally. Very annoying.

Shall get back to you tomorrow.

Claire

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”