JohnnySon

Money Tree plant food?

[img][IMGhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h193/Logan83/8F8381EE-A756-4305-8FC9-3B68510EC749.jpg[/img][img]

Last Saturday I got myself a Money Tree I heard you had to give it plant food every so often. I have Vigoro All purpose Plant food 10-10-10, so I was wondering if it was alright to give it that and if so how much?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

JohnnySon,

Sure, that's fine. Mix it according to instructions and wet the soil with the mixture. It's more about how often than how much.

JohnnySon

UPDATE: I just gave it some plant food today, but I'm not sure if I'm not waiting long enough to give it some more water so I'm over water it or what. Because it's starting to discolor and curl.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

JohnnySon,

Are you sure that you mixed the product correctly? One dose of properly mixed fertilizer should not cause any damage. Did anything else change, perhaps it was moved to a brighter location? Other than that I really don't have an explanation.

JohnnySon

It was starting to turn like that before I put the plant food in it. I ordered some Bonsai soil thought maybe it was that (its in regular soil) I was also wondering if I should change the pot that it came with?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

JohnnySon,

Be careful about mucking around with a plant that is in distress. The soil may not be ideal but with diligence it can be managed. The pot, assuming it is not too small, is of no consequence.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”