Abhishekdahiya
Newly Registered

Need Help To Save My Bonsai

Hi Everyone,

I need your help to save my Ficus
Ginseng Indoor Bonsai.. It seem to have some new branches and a few new leaves, but has lost a lot of leaves lately. I am afraid , it might be dying. It is still in the same soil and pot that I bought it in. Please see some pictures attached. Thanks.

Abhi
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

imafan26
Mod

When did you buy it or have you moved it? ficus does not like to be moved. If you moved it to a place with lower light it will lose all of its leaves.

Do you let the plant dry out between watering? Use the finger or chopstick test to see if it needs watering.

LovetoGarden22

How long ago did you buy it? If it is more than a year, it may need to have the roots pruned, and be repotted. I'd be careful about pruning it now though. If you do decide to do it, do only a little and only after you've ruled out everything else. You wouldn't want to shock even further. It seems strange to me that the tree would sprout new branches but lose leaves. imafan26 may be right about the light as well, and seems to be the most likely reason. Although you don't want low light, a bonsai shouldn't have direct, unfiltered light. Otherwise it burns it. I have made that mistake before. :( Your tree doesn't look diseased from the picture, in my opinion I'd say its either the lighting, its 'root bound', or the watering practices. Hope you can save it! It looks like it would be a beautiful tree. :D

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”