osama
Newly Registered

Losing leaves off my Indoor Bonsai

Hi everyone I need help with my bonsai care. I bought a bonsai to Jeddah Saudi Arabia. I have kept the plant indoor. I tried keeping it in different parts of my apartment but no help. It gets enough light-it's bit dry during day since home is all air close hence not much fresh air, now I have kept it adjust to window for some direct air but it's still same.

It's losing leaves very quickly. Everyday around 10-15 leaves fall. I water it carefully, not until it's near dry. Since couple of days it is showing new leaves grow but it just appeared. My tree has lost enough that it looks empty :(

I also don't exactly know it's type and age. I bought it from ignorant' nursery.

Attaching before and after pics. Please help on both fronts.much appreciate.
Attachments
now
now
Screenshot_2014-11-17-01-08-39_resized.png

tomc
Super Green Thumb

It looks to be a ginseng rooted ficus.

It, hum, Please seek out a local to you bonsai club. It might actually do better outside with filtered light. But I'd want a local to you grower to advise.

Figs (ficus) are trees of the tropics.

Your soil in the tropics out of doors will be built differently than mine in Ohio-USA.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Do you mist it? My indoor trees and plants, I mist every day, to counteract the indoor dryness. Just take any household sprayer that liquids come in, put plain water in it*, put it on fine spray/mist setting and spray them all over. I think it really makes a difference and my plants do much better.

*Preferably dechlorinated. If you just let water stand overnight, the chlorine evaporates out of it.

Ficus do lose their leaves pretty easily, when they are moved and/or conditions aren't right for them, but they also readily grow them back.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”