tomc
Super Green Thumb

October haul-in

Today was the day tender trees came indoors. One Olive, one tender azalea, three texas ebony, one bay laurel, one christmas cactus, one rosemary.

All were repotted and top & root groomed (save the olive). he's going to donate twigs next spring for divisions...

My little lighted indoors bench isn't as full as some years because I've had a good year donating ivy. I will have to start over next spring with a fresh big-box ivy to divide and root.
Think like a tree
© 2016 Invisable Inc.

applestar
Mod

Re: October haul-in

Your move sounds very orderly and well planned/executed.

I know that's what I should have been doing, but I'm scrambling at the last minute as usual, so I'm just dragging things in that needed to have been inside last week! Ones that didn't get repotted uppotted earlier are unceremoniously dumped out, hurriedly replenished with compost and (I'm trying DE gravel as aerating agent)

One of the containers I still haven't brought in is the 3 cu. ft. wheeled bucket with the bigger super dwarf cavendish banana plant in it. I decided to risk letting it go dormant then overwintering it in dormant state, so I let it get frost bit and am still watching the damaged leaves and other healthy leaves turn yellower day by day ...with a sense of impending panic. :roll:
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Re: October haul-in

Ooo, banana, your a braver soul than me.

I'm probably not possesive enough. I trade and give away trees. I always have. It doesn't look like I'm gonna recover from it.

Tender trees have been one of my weakest link. Till this year. I had three olive strike roots, and it made me happy to have these for fall give away.

I've already reloaded on azalea....
Think like a tree
© 2016 Invisable Inc.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”