lee12
Newly Registered

Bonsai Unknown Names

Hi all I re started bonsai and I got to from a market from Sheffield he did some nice bonsai and it got me to start again so I got 2 of them but there was not tag on them I and I forgot what he said lol

this one as been move it was to sunny

I spray the leafs to get some water I to them so they will not dry up and I I but them in a tub of water when thay need it I do it coz it make shore they on most any of you got more tips are welcome

DDMcKenna

Those are very beautiful trees. I don't know what they're called but I'm certain they are worth taking very good care of.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I expect the first one is a juniper, although it is very oddly pruned.

At first I thought the second one was azalea, which is one of the most common flowering bonsai, but it isn't quite right for it, so I don't know.

lee12
Newly Registered

bit close up on them Image

also I got new one called coprosma kirkii

but thx for the help and for the reply

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm just bumping this post. Any of you bonsai folk out there know the name of the really pretty flowering bonsai in the original post?

lee12
Newly Registered

I email the guys and he said it is The one with flowers is a Mexican Coffee tree, cuphea hyssopifolia, and the other is a lemon cypress, chamaecyparis 'firecrest' just for to let you guys know coz it was really hard to remember it but the uphea hyssopifolia is out if the sun and I spray it 2 or 3 take a day on the leafs but it still dry up the soil is ok it just the leafs may be is to hot and the water is just going in to the leafs as fast as I spray it it eats it up

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

thanks very much for letting us know! Very pretty!

DDMcKenna

Wish I could help because those little things look so beautiful.

lee12
Newly Registered

just got this one save it from garden centre so I work on this and save the nice flower one all out said to get the light and winther I going to bring the small one in and keep the big on out all winter I try and update as I work in them

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”