stere
Newly Registered

Ficus Benjamina sick

Hello everyone,
Since a couple of weeks, my Benjamina started to have stiff leaves. They don't fall, but they are a little yellow. New ones don't grow and overall it doesn't look healthy. The leaves feel harder than usual and they stay stiff, vertically somehow.
I don't see any parasites.
Is there any hope to save it?

imafan26
Mod

Can you post a picture? Tell us more about where you are keeping it, how often you water, feed, if you see any insects or spots on the leaves.

stere
Newly Registered

It has been on a window where it had direct sunlight for about 3-4 hours a day.
Now I have moved it somewhere else.
There are white spots on the leaves but no insects.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Welcome Stere,
Figs (ficus) are trees of the tropics. You will need to learn how to water based on need. Most often by using a chop stick to test soil for moisture (IE water when chopstick comes out dry, and withhold water when its damp).

Unless you live in the southern hemisphere, it should be mid-summer where you are. Your fig belongs in full-day, full time sun. In colder zones it will have to come indoors as fall draws near.

Even when indoors, it needs a full bright light.

imafan26
Mod

You said you moved the plant. Figs do not like to be moved especially to a different light intensity. You are lucky the leaves did not fall off. It is what generally happens when the plant goes from a higher light to lower light.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”