applestar
Mod

Re: Brazilian Raintree Seedlings not opening

Yay! :D

Being seedlings, it does make sense that they would normally be struggling in the mulch and shrubbery, understory, etc.

But since you have multiple plants, what I would do it put one on a riser for more light, and put another one farthest from the side light or at the end of the fixture, etc some way to reduce amount of light it's getting and see what happens in three days or so.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Part sun outdoors is still way more light than being directly under the lights for 16 hrs a day indoors! I start impatiens and all kinds of shade lovers under my lights and they all benefit from as much light as I can give them.

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

applestar wrote:Yay! :D

Being seedlings, it does make sense that they would normally be struggling in the mulch and shrubbery, understory, etc.

But since you have multiple plants, what I would do it put one on a riser for more light, and put another one farthest from the side light or at the end of the fixture, etc some way to reduce amount of light it's getting and see what happens in three days or so.

Hmm hmm true. I will give that a shot and see what happens. Yeah I was pretty excited to see these bad boys opened up a bit more today.

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

rainbowgardener wrote:Part sun outdoors is still way more light than being directly under the lights for 16 hrs a day indoors! I start impatiens and all kinds of shade lovers under my lights and they all benefit from as much light as I can give them.

I wish I could put them outdoors, I live in a studio apt on the second floor.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”