Polistes

Tree ID and help

Here is a new tree I acquired at a home improvement store, it has no name, but I think its a type of ficus tree. Anyways it has been repotted and all the junk removed. My question is I want to know what it is, and whether or not I should do anything to it for this year, eventually I want to make the trunks bigger, and defoliate.

This is my Pachira aquatica I want to defoliate this one but I am unsure if I should since I want the trunks to grow a few more inches, and the trunks to merge together.

This was bought as is I have not done anything to it and that is my plan for this year as well. Any help is welcomed, especially the plant ID for the first one.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Welcome!

The dracena (lucky bamboo) isn't going to respond to bonsai training. Once it is too big, your going to have to divide it.

The other looks figgy (ficus). It needs less hard water, more sun, better soil, more sun, and more sun.

Read up on how to check moisture, and get the *ick* for soil away from your tree.

Polistes

I know for a fact that I do not have lucky bamboo. The second one is a pachira aquatica.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”