cukes2009

Chinese Evergreen - Issues

Okay so it's not a bonzai.. but couldn't find any indoor or palm forum to post to...

I've had this Chinese Evergreen indoors for about 8 months ago... has been doing great until about 3 weeks ago. Bottom leaves are turning yellow and dying. I've read some people say it is overwatering and others say it is due to underwatering. I have been watering them the same, but even tried both increasing and decreasing water with no change.

I would say they are getting about the same amount of sunlight. Temperature range in the house varies from about 75 - 82 F.

Here is a link to the photo... I would appreciate any feedback as I like the plant but feel as though I am losing it.

[img]https://www.pqGallery.com/sites/259412/reg/ChineseEvergreen.jpg[/img]
Thank you!

P.S. Feel free to move this post to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

I don't have any moderator powers, the batteries ran out on my magic wand. :)

But I'm wondering if "What Ever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere" might not get you more hits.

I suspect your getting overlooed in this bonsai forum.
Last edited by tomc on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

manofthetrees

I would say seeing that the majority of the plant is looking green and vibrant it is probubly just normal die back of old leaves ...no worries

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

[url=https://helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47841&highlight=]This discussion[/url] is being hosted in What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere. Please post questions only once, to avoid duplication of responses. Thank you. :)

And thank you to our bonsai-forum members for your assistance! :D

Cynthia H.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”