christy14
Newly Registered

HELP! DRY BONSAI!

someone please help I bought a beautiful bonsai tree about a 8 weeks ago....

:(
it was very hot and I would put it on my window near the sun and it would bloom with new little green leaves.
however I moved it around because my cat would chew on the branches and a week later the typical British weather came back again.
I would water it daily and trim it once 3 weeks but five days ago I noticed some leaves were falling off. just about 5 a day...then they became dark and lifeless. just yesterday I noticed the leaves are almost dead dry and are curling but still have a green color.

Please help me (my first bonsai tree) thank you :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

This is your third post about the same tree. The first one I told you we would need to see pictures. The second one you added to a thread here:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46072

in that thread people had said a couple times "elm + indoors = dead."

Now you have this posted in indoor bonsai.

I'm not a bonsai grower, but I can give you this much suggestions: post some pictures so the real bonsai people here can help you; move the tree outdoors (not directly from inside to full sun, it will need hardening off); and quit watering so much (your other post you said you are now watering twice a day). I know it looks dry, but that doesn't mean it needs more water. Too much water can look quite similar to too little.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

I've already replied in the linked thread. Please pick a thread you'll read and reply in rather than posting and cross posting in multiple locations. Also, in that thread you stated you've had the tree 13 weeks, but in this thread you say 8 weeks. Not that it makes that much difference, but we can not help as well if you're not consistent and accurate in the information provided. Obviously both can not be correct. If you don't know, that's okay, but say that.

christy14
Newly Registered

[img]https://media.growsonyou.com/photos/question/image/15530/main/Bonsai_Carmona_001.jpg[/img]

like this :shock:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Is that your picture of your tree?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Christy,

The actual text link to your photo indicates that this is a Carmona, commonly called Fukien Tea. How did you reach the conclusion that it is a Chinese Elm? Have you read the thread I referred you to here?

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46252

Norm

JohnnySon

Hello All,

As you may know I am new to this thread I purchased a Bonsai I believe it was around the middle of April. Anyways I am also starting to have the same problem not as bad yet but it is starting to dry. I believe its a Juniper I first photo (depending on which order it puts them) is of when I first got it the other one (the closer one) is of it just starting to dry up not sure if you can see it or not. Anyways I read some where that you had to give it plant food (also a picture of what I giving it) every 2 weeks up until mid fall and mix it with water as not no over water it ( also a picture of the cap to which you know how much I'm giving it). I also have been taking it outside when I get home from work when it sunny that is so I'm not sure if from to much sun or if I giving it to much plant food. If anyone could help I would much appreciate it. If you need to know anything more just let me know.
Attachments
IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg (31.08 KiB) Viewed 2631 times

JohnnySon

It won't let me add more than one picture

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Let's see: to start with you should have started your own thread, instead of sticking this on the bottom of someone else's year old thread about a completely different tree, with probably different problems.

I don't know what your problem with pictures was; people post multiple pictures all the time.

Your tree is a juniper. It is an outdoor tree. Moving a tree back and forth all the time is usually the worst thing you can do.

Start over with a new thread and the pictures of what it is looking like now.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”