Revenantwing

Crack on branch D:

So I just got my ficus about 2 weeks ago. I just noticed a crack in my branch. Its one the thickest branch on the tree and I don't want it to break. What precautions can I take? tape it? and let it hold? Its a ficus microcarpa.

https://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n509/Revenantwing/?action=view&current=IMG_01891-1.jpg

help :O

kdodds
Greener Thumb

I can't really see how bad it is from the image, but I just use Krazy Glue if I inadvertently break a branch in bending. It works very well, actually.

Revenantwing

is that healthy lol?

linlaoboo
Green Thumb

I can't even see if it's a wiring scar, wound or what, it's like shooting in the dark about how healthy it is.

Revenantwing

my camera cant focus on close objects. No wiring. Its growing leaves rapidly

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Revenantwing wrote:is that healthy lol?
Why not? It's only cyanoacrylate glue, the same glue they use in lieu of stitches, sometimes. It works. :)

Revenantwing

Can I use silicone?

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Would you use silicone on a bad cut?

Revenantwing

I wouldnt use glue on a cut lol.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Did you miss the point about cyanoacrylate glues being used on cuts medically? Glue works, IMO, silicone won't. But, hey, it's your tree, do what you like.

Please be aware that many, if not most, more experienced hobbyists are going to quickly tire of being argued with when a question is asked with 0 knowledge aforehand, answered, and then argued.

Revenantwing

Why are you getting so defensive? I was not arguing... I gave you my opinion.

They can tire all they want. I'll let the people who want to help me help.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Aw, shucks, ya got me... yeah, I haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Dude, a week ago you could not identify a Ficus, nor did you even own a single tree. Throwing out uninformed opinions that are dead, ridiculously dead, wrong to the informed person who is trying to honestly help may work in grade school where all kids are treated now like intellectual milquetoasts, but in the real world, yes, you're arguing. And this isn't the first time.

How's this, if you're too lazy to do your own VERY SIMPLE research first, and you don't want to accept informed, experienced advice you've ASKED FOR, and you still want to argue... dude, at least do a google (or bing or whatever) search first. Go ahead, try it... I'll wait... Wait, oh junk, what, it took like all of ½ a second to find a dozen (or so) different links, a dozen (or so) different "opinions", and they all agree with the original guy you asked the question of in the first place? Shee... imagine that.

NOTE: I did not do this search, nor do I wish to, but I can pretty much 100% guarantee that my ending snide remarks above are what you'll find, but go ahead, tell me you won't find it if that makes you feel better. I won't be listening.

Revenantwing

Yes I know I did not know ANYTHING about bonsai's but thats why I'm here. to ask questions and be 100% about what I'm doing .I don't think anyone found out what that Ficus was.

I did research it and yes I found out about glue but wasn't entirely sure. Previously I asked if silicone was okay. All I asked for was a yes no answer. Then I obviously answered telling I would not "use it on a cut".

It's okay I don't mind. You are never really forced to answer my questions. I don't really think you have the patience to answer questions anyway.

linlaoboo
Green Thumb

Revenantwing,

With that attitute, good luck getting help next time. Kdodds have some 700 posts and have given help to many hobbiest.

I find it inmature that you either don't respond to replies like in your ficus "what's that" post or you are not satisfied with the replies and yet you failed to provide any useful information to justify it. :shock:

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”