GardenerX

Snow Rose and Powder Puff???

Hey everyone,

I was wanting some Bonsai material with flowers and was thinking about a Snow Rose and a Powder Puff, I was wondering if they are farely easy to work with. I have 2 Bonsai's right now a Juniper doing Semi-Cascade Style, and a Ficus. I want to try and branch out with different trees and styles.

TomM
Greener Thumb

The Snow Rose is a serissa, a popular flowering bonsai material. I find them difficult to keep alive for more than 2 years unless you have a greenhouse - and I don't. They are known to just "up and die" almost overnight, with no good clue as to why. That's not to say don't try it. They can be very beautiful and enjoyable for the time you have with them.

I don't know much about the Powder Puff and don't find it attractive.

I love Azalea, Bahama Berry, Bougainvillea, and Japanese Crabapple for flowering bonsai. Not necessarily in that order - which happens to be alphabetical. :wink:

Bonsai Nutcase

Powder Puffs are pretty easy as long as you don't let them dry out. They also have nice bark along with the flowers to create interest. Bougainvillea's are even easier and are very beautiful when in bloom.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”