djlen
Green Thumb

Serissa

I have a couple of Serissas and they seem to be doing well under my fluorescent lighting and in the temp. range that we keep the house (70°).
I was told that they need a cooler and more humid environment than most.
I'd like to hear some feedback from those who have more experience than
I on this topic.
They also seem to have the ability to form new leaves on older, woody stems which is a plus. I'm very happy with this plant and any further information that anyone might have would be appreciated.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Len,
I'd like to hear some feedback from those who have more experience than I on this topic.
Sorry, that leaves me out as I have never tried this species. Several growers have suggested though that Serissa is not nearly as tender as some believe, that some cooler weather in the fall is beneficial. But again, this is not from experience.

Can anyone else help with this?

Norm

kdodds
Greener Thumb

All I know is that I have not had much luck with Serissa at all. I have not tried a "cold room" for over-wintering, though. For me, like many others, they seem to do pretty well over time and then, for no real apparent reason, start to fail.

djlen
Green Thumb

So far mine are doing very well under bright Fluorescent light and warm temps. during the day and a bit cooler at night after the lights go out. Many new leaves and nice color.
I have taken a few cuttings from shaping them and stuck them into the media with some rooting hormone on them. We'll see.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”