artisanoo

citron is a lot tougher than I thought !

Just a little tidbit I thought I would share -
I have a few citrons growing of varying sizes, and one of them recently went through a complete leaf drop (the soil dried out for too long when the weather was warmer than expected) and I was left with literally a stick in the soil (I had assumed the roots were also damaged from drying out). I was pretty upset but I had some hope, and lo and behold after a few weeks of watering (sparingly, it used almost no water in its leafless state) 3 buds appeared and 2 are now extending and growing leaves :)

no pics but there isnt much to see at the moment , just imagine a stick with a few leaves on it :)

anyway I just thought it was worth sharing. its amazing how resilient some plants are.

it also gives me hope that a trunk chop of my tallest citron might not be as dangerous (its between 4-5 feet tall but not as many leaves lower down - but I need some lower branching on it.) as I was thinking it might be

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

YAY!!! Isn't it wonderful when plants bring themselves back like that?

I had a redbud tree (not bonsai) that I bought and planted outdoors. It looked like it was totally dead, I really was going to pull it, but just never got around to it. The next spring it sent up a new trunk (the original one was dead) from the roots. The tree is now something like 12' tall by almost as wide and growing strong.... I love it!

artisanoo

wow, thats awesome, glad to hear :)

maybe there should be a thread dedicated to stories of 'trees that almost died but didn't'

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”