shona3289
Newly Registered

needing help with my fukien tea

hi! I'm hoping someone can help I've had my fukien tea since january this year and up until a couple of months ago it seemed to be thriving. lots of new leaves where forming and the pretty white flowers where starting to bloom but they don't stay white for long they turn brown and fall off pretty quickly is this normal?? the leaves have started to turn yellow and fall off. I water it usually once a week sometimes twice if need be. The only thing I can think of is that its not getting enough warmth. can you put it in a mini greenhouse and put it outside? It seemed to florish in the colder months when the heating was always on.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
shona

arboricola

Shona;

The flowers do not last long, so nothing to worry about.

Your watering seems to be OK. Keep the soil damp, but not overly wet.

If the tree is indoors and the A/C is running this could be the prolem. The FT does like it warm, so a move outside might do the trick. You didn't say where you live, so when overnight temps go below 50 F. ease it back indoors. A couple hours of morning sun and then bright shade will help.

Are you fertilizing the tree and if so how often?

Phil...

shona3289
Newly Registered

hi Phil thanks for the reply. I live in scotland so the sun and nice weather is a bit sparce. the only place where it can get good sun is in the kitchen only during the morning. I thought if I got I mini greenhouse to pop over it I could put it outside as a bit scared that the wind might aggrevaite it. It just seemed to do so well when the house was warmer. I feed it every two weeks in the summer, is this right? I also water it using tempid water as I've been told that cold water can shock them?
thanks
shona

arboricola

Shona;

A bright area outside out of the wind would work. Give the mini greenhouse a try, and see how it goes. Don't let it get too much sun if you do as a greenhouve can heat up fast...

Your watering and fertilizing are just fine.

Phil...

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”