uzeyr

outdoor collection being forced inside :(

ok the situation is this :

my outside is being renovated rather a new room is being made and I have been told that unless I move my trees they may be dusted or they may be broken by the work going on :( these are the maples and larches omg I have no idea what to do what would happen if I brought them inside ????????
cause thats the only choice I have the bonsai I would be moving inside are two japanese deshojo maples one golden larch and a chinese fringce flower will the live for a week or two inside I mean I can take them out at night when the biulding has stopped
I need help people any advice ??
ofcourse this is only temporary I would take them back out as soon as possible I.e as soon as the builders are gone

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

uzeyr,

Do you really have no other options? Is there a out of the way spot in your yard you could tuck them into where they would not be in danger? Maybe a chicken wire cage will help not only to protect them but to make them more obvious to the workers. I don't imagine they want to destroy the possessions of those who pay their wages.

Perhaps a friendly neighbor would allow you to use a corner of their yard for the duration of the project. How about the other side of your house? Even if it is not ideal if is probably preferable to being brought inside.

I suppose if you have no choice then a week or two inside might be OK providing you can provide decent lighting and keep the humidity up a bit. I would get creative though and exhaust all other possibilities before bringing them inside.

Norm

uzeyr

yeah I left them outside for the momment but its looks pretty dangerous to leave them out I think if I do have to bring them in they will be removed outside at night I dunno why but I guessed that would be the better option
and no I don't really have a choice no neighbour that will keep them also the thing is my house has no fenced front its attached housing thats why so I may just have to bring them in at least I have no hard feelings about the maples :D they are already loosing their color ( they are becoming green ) I don't know about the larches though they might not like the inside
norm u talked about humidity inside how important is that becuase at night my grandfather keep an dehumidifier on I don't think tha would be ver good for the trees
omg I have loads of bad places for bonsai still the indoor ones seem to be thriving touch wood:D

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”