mosk1640
Cool Member

Fukien Tea Emergency!

Ok so I don't have pictures yet but I wound up leaving the country unexpectedly for a full week. I watered the tree prior to me leaving and at that time it was in a VERY healthy condition. Since I came back the tree has wilted, the leaves have turned pale green and I noticed that the tree's posture has begun to lean over. (the trunk is no longer standing as tall)

I immediately watered it thoroughly however it still hasnt returned to the way it was when I left. It has been almost 2 weeks since ive been back. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Its not completely dead but it has been hurt pretty bad.

Thanks!!!

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Check the trees roots. If the roots died form dehydration they tend to act as fungi breeding grounds when you resume normal watering. So remove and dead roots from the tree, replant it, and resume watering (only maybe slightly less to account for the foilage loss).

mosk1640
Cool Member

Ok, ill definitely check. Do you think the roots could have died in such a short amount of time? It was left for only a week.

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Roots, depending on the plant, can die in a matter of hours if given unsubstantial water. The roots I'm talking about though are the little white thin ones, and they do dry out rapidly. So yes, I would say in a week they would die.

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”