Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

What's wrong with me.?

We're putting in the second crop. I'm planting okra, peas, more tomatoes, squash zuchini, pole beans, peppers and corn. Here's the problem. It's only 100 degrees for the last few days. I shovel, wheel barrow, till and rake. Then I spread bags of manure and till again. After about 30 minutes I leak like a croaker sack full of water and have to sit in the shade and pant. What the hell?

webmaster
Site Admin

Heh. Time to hire a few teenagers and enjoy a glass of lemonade. :lol:

Roger

If you ask me, all our biogenetic scientists are barking up the wrong tree. Instead of making the next super yielding tomato or corn plant, they SHOULD be trying to breed all sorts of vegetables that grow in the shade. Or better yet, an air conditioned room.

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

Try gardening naked. :P

applestar
Mod

:lol:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

petalfuzz wrote:Try gardening naked. :P
I'm not going to talk about that. Let me just say that no charges were filed and it seems the Baptists have a strong presence in my neighborhood. :roll:

smokensqueal
Green Thumb

:lol: That's great. Let's just I use to be a very active farmer then I went to college and got a nice desk job for the last 10 years. I then started my own garden and went outside and it was only about 92 here the other day and I just turned my compost pile and came back soaked. My wife thoght the water hose got loose. Darn koshy jobs. :roll:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”