pete28

Lost and found in the garden. : (

Well I went out to check on my plants because of the heat her in Florida to be very disappointed. My two pumpkin plants that had flowers on them have I think finally succumbed to the heat. there are brown burnt leaves on them and the green ones are flopped over. I have been giving them plenty of water, (not overwatering) but it just did this overnight. So I don't think they will make it. On the bright side I planted roughly 3-400 plants last week of okra corn beans and cukes and almost all of them have sprouted! I also found 6 cukes ready to be picked and a bunch of the bigh tomatoes! So while I am a bit sad at the loss I do have some new babies and other stuff to eat!

JennyC
Green Thumb

Sorry about the pumpkins! I'm having to water mine more than I'd like with our drought status (wells are running dry just the other side of the mountain -- different aquifer, but still..., and this whole region is Level 4 drought). If I encounter a day where only the pumpkins need water, I may decide to let them go this year because of the drought. I really want the seeds, though, so they get water if other things do.

You could replant for a fall crop later, couldn't you?

Congrats on the other goodies! I don't have anything ready yet, but I think I may in a week. Right now, it's a race between the yellow crookneck squash, the cowhorn peppers, and one lone tomato.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”