wurzelgummidge

re Weak Tomatoes, Veggies Not Sprouting

I'm having the same problem and I'm in uk spuds are growing like jet propelled
green house is slower than it could be,courgettes might come to something by next year at this rate,so I reckon its extremes of temperature in my case,and not enough sun. flowers are growing well as are the weeds.

pete28

That is a tough question but you are most likely right and the weather has something to do with it. Maybe a little organic fetilizer? Not sure. I know my gran in the UK has a difficult time with hers as well especially this time of year at least when she use to do it.

wurzelgummidge

pete28 wrote:That is a tough question but you are most likely right and the weather has something to do with it. Maybe a little organic fetilizer? Not sure. I know my gran in the UK has a difficult time with hers as well especially this time of year at least when she use to do it.
I noticed that in the last day or two things have started to pick up somewhat
I use home-made compost mixed with a bit of sharp sand and also mixed with a bit of spent compost as the home-made stuff is quite powerful.
and also make liquid feed made from grass clippings a bit of horse manurer
and veg peelings + a secret ingredient :wink:
as all my veg is grown in containers in green house and have a large raised wooden box for outside veg as well as outside containers for growing spuds.
the only commercial feed I use is miracle grow which is for foliar as well as in the ground feeding.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”