wurzelgummidge

re the constant battle with slugs

have found something that works,and it is ecover washing up liquid sprayed onto foliage which is biodegradable, as the slugs in my garden seem able to absail down on plants as well as climb up them.
I used a teaspoon to 6 pints of water.
hope I don't get soapy tasting veg :(

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Also, you can put rings of copper around your plants, the slugs will not cross the barrier.

wurzelgummidge

opabinia51 wrote:Also, you can put rings of copper around your plants, the slugs will not cross the barrier.
I tried the copper tape and watched as slugs and snails crossed it with no bother. :(

MaryB

wurzelgummidge wrote:have found something that works,and it is ecover washing up liquid sprayed onto foliage which is biodegradable, as the slugs in my garden seem able to absail down on plants as well as climb up them.
I used a teaspoon to 6 pints of water.
hope I don't get soapy tasting veg :(
Hi there. I have a constant battle with slugs. I have found that using Orange Plus or any Orange spray ) the kind used to clean up with) works like a charm, doesnt hurt the plants but instantly kills the slugs. I carry a bottle around with me when I'm in or around the garden.

Niesha

As copper is expensive and I don't have much $, I busted out my penny jar. I used broken roof slate (there is a lot of that around here still from Katrina) and created an inch wide border (only about 1/4 of an inch high) between my patio and plants then I filled it with pennies. It looks really cool and it is very green. :D

Niesha

Niesha wrote:As copper is expensive and I don't have much $, I busted out my penny jar. I used broken roof slate (there is a lot of that around here still from Katrina) and created an inch wide border (only about 1/4 of an inch high) between my patio and plants then I filled it with pennies. It looks really cool and it is very green. :D
Just make sure there is no slugs or snails inside the barrier.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”