lippy
Newly Registered

WHY ARE MY PLANTS TURNING YELLOW?

ALL MY VEGI PLANTS ARE TURNING YELLOW A FEW DAYS AFTER I PLANTED THEM, CAN ANYONE HELP?

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Probably a Nitrogen deficiency add some manure, blood meal or used coffee grounds to your soil.

Though, it's wise to add something with a high Carbon to Nitrogen ratio as well. (the three ammendments above are known as "greens" and have a C:N ratio closer to or below 1.) Anyway; leaves, if you don't have a dog or any neighbourhood dogs cocoa been hulls, straw and other ammendments are good.

Don't use peat moss. It's not good stuff to use.. I should really start a sticky on peat moss because I've typed about it at least once already today.

Anyway, the harvesting of peat from peat bogs is destroying that ecosystem. Furthermore, peat contains little to no avaliable nutrients for plants, and it is virtually impossible to wet all the way through.

lippy
Newly Registered

opabinia51 wrote:Probably a Nitrogen deficiency add some manure, blood meal or used coffee grounds to your soil.

Though, it's wise to add something with a high Carbon to Nitrogen ratio as well. (the three ammendments above are known as "greens" and have a C:N ratio closer to or below 1.) Anyway; leaves, if you don't have a dog or any neighbourhood dogs cocoa been hulls, straw and other ammendments are good.

Don't use peat moss. It's not good stuff to use.. I should really start a sticky on peat moss because I've typed about it at least once already today.

Anyway, the harvesting of peat from peat bogs is destroying that ecosystem. Furthermore, peat contains little to no avaliable nutrients for plants, and it is virtually impossible to wet all the way through.
:lol:

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I like your pseudonym Jon!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”