solsra
Newly Registered

Wilted Lettuce, Staking Green Beans, and Green Onions

I transplanted my butter lettuce from my seedling flats yesterday afternoon, and this morning they looked okay. Now after more than a few hours they are wilted and look like they are gonners.

I have turned on my misters and let them soak in and some of the lettuce is bouncing back, but the rest looks very very wilty and dead-ish.

After more misting and such do they bounce back or should I give up on those lettuce?

How tall should my green beans be before I stake them? Also, how is the best way to do this?
I am container gardening...

My green onion stalks are about 3 inches tall, should I move them into the main containers now or wait until they look sturdier? They just look like little blades of grass at the moment.

Thanks!
Sarah C

Roger

Wilted Lettuce - sometimes plants just wilt after being transplanted. Especially tender plants, like lettuce. Probably just shock from being transplanted. They will likely bounce back within a couple of days.

I usually provide support for my pole beans when they are about 4 to 6 inches tall. Usually, just a bamboo pole driven into the ground near the base of the plant, at least 4-5 foot tall. The bean vine will twine itself around anything it can come into contact with.

The onions - Probably wouldn't hurt to wait a little longer to move them if you didn't feel comfortable doing it now - but I wouldn't put it off too long if you want them to develop decent bulbs, if that is your goal.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”