applestar
Mod

CUCUMBER reference

I’m posting these three videos I came across today for reference in case white spots and yellowing or dying leaves show up on my cucumbers.

Some of these look familiar like I’ve seen them before, but I’m not sure. (I might find out I’ve posted about issues like this before, but my earliest photos — PhotoBucket, etc. — are no longer available)

(1) White spots turning to Yellow between veins uniformly on lowest leaves in the first month or two are often due to drought causing POTASSIUM uptake deficiency

>> Water well once a day in the morning.
>> Repeated watering during the day can result in root rot from overwatering
>> Don’t rush removing at first sign of spots until green is gone = 80% yellow so that early upward growth is not stunted
>> Nitrogen deficiency may seem similar but show up higher on the vine. Also growing tip may look limp. Crooked fruits is another sign.

(2) Fading/Yellowing leaves on main vine after two months with good production is due to senility

>> Focus attention to encouraging 2ndary and 3tiary side shoots to grow lush and healthy leaves so they can take over production.
>> Remove leaves that are over 50% yellow especially when inside canopy/under other leaves

(3) Tips for controlling cucumber downy mildew

>> REMOVE all infected leaves at first sign to prevent spreading.
>> Practice good hygiene and don’t use contaminated tools on healthy plants. Don’t randomly touch infected leaves.

imafan26
Mod

I have those white spots too. I usually do water my cucumber daily.

This is another good reference for cucumber nutrient requirements and nutrient toxicity and deficiency symptoms.

This was how I was able to diagnose the severe calcium, potassium, magnesium and zinc deficiencies in my cucumbers.

https://www.haifa-group.com/cucumber-0/ ... s-cucumber

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”