hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Our favorite time of the year

My wife is vegetarian so we really love it when the garden items mostly fill the plate. Out of the garden: green beans, zucchini, cucumber. My homemade sour dough ciabatta. We also had home grown tomato and onion but are finishing off some grocery store items. And yeah, I love plenty of butter on my bread! Most of our meals are pretty simple. These items were lightly sautéed or steamed and with modest seasoning.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

That's true for me, too.

I'll be waiting for those cucumbers & sweetcorn awhile, tho. They are in the big veggie garden but the plants are still looking kinda small out there. Just moved in a 2nd planting of corn transplants.

Our little backyard garden has some Scotch kale and Portuguese kale for Summer greens. Yes, they will be around as the freezing weather of Fall tenderizes them.They are just reaching the size for harvesting as the bok choy, gai lan and broccoli raab begin to play out. Although I'm not much of a salad fan, leafy greens are important to us and we have them under a temporary hoop house during the Spring months.

And, melons. And, tomatoes.

We all eat and to have good food so fresh and available ... well, it is wonderful !

Steve

applestar
Mod

A preview of summer bounty!

Inspires and encourages while I nurse aches and pains of late spring planting and chores in anticipation of that lovely meal out of mine own garden :D

Thank you.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”